Spinacea oleracea L
A hardy, cold-resistant spinach variety. Long and wide leaves of a dark green colour and a fleshy texture. Very good yield and great taste, eaten raw or cooked. It can be cultivated in any climate, although it adapts better to temperate and cold climates.
This vegetable tolerates shade, it is demanding in cool, deep and permeable soils. It has a very fast vegetative cycle. The leaves are large and are developed in a circular shape, the flowering stem starts from the centre and can grow up to 50 cm long.
Les Refardes – Organic Giant Winter Spinach - Sowing and characteristics:
- Direct sowing from September to late February.
- When sprouts start to appear, thin out to 10-15 cm.
- Sachet: Approximately 300 seeds.
- All Les Refardes seeds are of local variety and organic production.
- Origin: Mas Serrarica, Osona.
- Place and harvest year: Germany 2020 and Mas Serrarica, 2020.