Curcubita pepo var. styriaca
Styrian oil pumpkin is used for seed production. This crawling plant produces round yellow pumpkins weighing about 3 kg.
Its flesh is not very tasty, so it is cultivated for its seeds which have no skin and can be eaten directly.
Pumpkin seeds have a great number of health benefits.
Les Refardes - Styrian oil pumpkin - Sowing and characteristics:
- Sow after the frost, either direct sowing or planting in small pots
- Transplant to the final site with a 1m distance between plants
- Harvest in summer and autumn
- Packet contains about 20 seeds
- All Les Refardes seeds are of local variety and organically produced.
- Origin: Ecollavors, La Garrotxa, Girona
- Place and year of production: Les Refardes, 2014