Thyme is an aromatic shrub about 20-40 cm high, it is a very versatile plant in terms of applications.
It is used as a seasoning in the kitchen to add aroma and flavour to a variety of recipes. As an ornamental plant, it is used in gardens and balconies. It is also used as a medicinal plant thanks to its many properties.
Thyme can be cultivated in a vegetable patch, garden or pot. It is not demanding in terms of soil but it grows best in sandy soils. It does not tolerate humidity and waterlogged soils very well, so watering should be moderate.
Batlle Organic Thyme - Sowing and characteristics:
- Sowing in seedbeds in autumn and spring
- Transplant when the plant is 7-8cm tall
- Cultivation frame 50x25 cm
- Ready to harvest after about 120 days
- Used as a kitchen seasoning, ornamental and medicinal plant
- Sachet: 0.18 g of organic seeds