Phaesolus vulgaris L.
The "Custodia" Bean is a tall bushy bean variety. The plant has a long vegetative cycle, delicate at emergence, yet provides a high yield.
The bean is white with a brown eye. When cooked, it has an excellent taste and a buttery texture. Before cooking the beans, soak them in water. It is less likely to cause flatulence.
Les Refardes – "Custodia" Bean - Sowing and characteristics:
- Direct sowing from late June to mid-July.
- Leave about 40 cm between plants.
- Sachet: Approximately 50 seeds.
- All Les Refardes seeds are of local variety and organic production.
- Origin: Josep Llorens, Puig de la Bauma, Mura.
- Place and harvest year: Puig de la Bauma, Mura (Bages), 2017 and 2020.