3 seeds + 1 free seed
5 seeds + 2 free seed
After years of research and testing, the TGA team finally developed a marijuana hybrid that has a high level of CBD Cannabidiol.
Over 70% of the tested samples showed elevated levels of CBD between 12% and 15%, with similar THC levels.
For patients who seeks a strain with high CBD level and great taste, here is your entry ticket to something very special.
Genetic composition of Pennywise
To create Pennywise, TGA Subcool crossed the Harlequin marijuana plant, rich in CBD, with a Jack The Ripper male plant strain, rich in THCV, a particularly active THC form.
The Harlequin is a female marijuana clone, known for its high CBD level, its sweetness, its solid and coloured buds, as well as for its very effective medicinal properties.
Like many great discoveries, the origins of the Harlequin clone are a bit accidental. A small group of private Breeding in Switzerland was working with a marijuana strain for Hashish production, creating a 75% Sativa and 25% Indica strain, by crossing a Colombian Gold Sativa, a Thai Sativa near the region of Laos, a Swiss Landrace Sativa and Indica from the Mustang region in Nepal.
A phenotype of this crossing become famous with the name of Alchemy, while another was given to a friend of this group of breeders who brought it to California in late 2009 to treat his glaucoma.
The buds of the first harvest were brought to famous clinic Harborside for testing, with the surprise of having a very high level of CBD.
Clones of this plant were provided to Harboside with the request that these be shared with the most growers and dispensaries as possible.
At the end of flowering the Harlequin plant produces purple, red, green and wellow coloured flowers which evoke the costume of the jester of the king where the name of this strain comes from.
The big smile that gives the Harlequin plant to your face can also have a clear relation.
Furthermore, Pennywise is the last name of the evil clown of the famous novel “It” by Stephen King.
Features of Pennywise from TGA Subcool:
- Phenotypes: There are 4 main phenotypes. All have more or less the same smell, the same taste and all plants have a tendency to colouring at the end of flowering. The main difference between the phenotypes concerning the structure of the buds as well as their dominant colour: Some buds are “ear” shaped, while others are round, some are mostly light green, while others are very colourful with purple. The last ones are particularly impressive.
- Height: Short to medium
- Yield: Medium
- Indoor / Outdoor: Recommended for growing both indoors and outdoor.This variety has excellent resistance to mildew.
- Best growing method: Prune the apices one time its stretch is limited in most phenotypes.
- Flowering period from 60 to 67 days
- Sativa 70% / Indica 30%
- Hybrid: Harlequin X Jack The Ripper
- Effect Type: Clear in the brain, the effect begins in the body with an immediate sensation of wellness. The analgesic and relaxing traits of the mother plant Harlequin, rich in CBD, are strongly notable and invigorating dynamism of Jack The Ripper converts the conjoint in an extraordinary effect for the whole day, with a real medicinal value.
- Type of taste and smell: The flavours range from the smell of coffee and pepper, to lemon gum taste. The smoke is at the time lightweight and full of flavours.
- THC 11,0% ; CBD 13,3% ; CBN 0,0% ; CBC 0,0% ; THCV 0,1% ; CBG 0,6%