The Poppy is a plant cultivated for ornamental purposes and for its edible seeds, which are often used in confectionery.
Poppy seeds are also used in emollient preparations for skin treatments. It was formerly used as a sedative, sleeping pill and pain reliever.
Les Refardes – Poppy - Sowing and characteristics:
- Sow in late winter with 30-40 seeds per m2.
- Sachet: Approximately 160 seeds.
- All Les Refardes seeds are of local variety and organically produced.
- Origin: Pere Pareta's grandmother, Foixà, Girona.
- Place and harvest year: Can Bosc del Baró, Foixà (Baix Empordà), 2017 and 2020.